Robit® is the first company in the world to develop a patented measuring system that can measure the straightness of a hole during the percussive drilling process.
Immediate time measurement of hole straightness with the drill bit!
Do you know where the end is of the holes you drill? You can now, with Robit’s new measuring technology. The system is the result of an intensive, seven year R & D program at Robit and is in operation at selected customers. Unlike existing, time-consuming manual systems, measuring during the drilling process does not require an extra work phase in the drilling process. The measurements are available immediately after drilling a hole. You can see a 3 D view of the drilled hole in the drilling pattern.
When drilling holes in rock, the holes often turn away from the desired direction, and in long holes the deviation may even be several metres. Hole deviation results in inefficient operations on a site and in the worst case may create hazards. The new system measures the actual straightness of drill holes immediately, so the information can be utilised in optimizing and charging a rock face.
Optimizing charging raises efficiency in drilling by:
- Optimizing crushing aggregates through controlled charging and blasting, no oversized boulders
- Ensuring safe blasting without the risk of flying rocks
- Optimizing yield from the orebody by avoiding drilling into waste rock
- Increasing the overall productivity of the blasting and crushing process
- Cutting costs for fuel and explosives and reducing downtime
- Storing all drilling data in a database to develop your drilling process
- Raising overall efficiency
Since the results are obtained immediately, it is possible to react to any hole deviation when positioning and directing the following holes. The system functions in all types of rock formations – even in magnetic ore.
- Measuring technology can be used for several top hammer and DTH drilling applications.
- Measuring module is integrated into the standard drill string with special technology by Robit.
- Basic configuration of the measuring technology comprises a suspended measuring module with inertial sensors, a data transmitter, a wireless charger and a tablet computer with user interface.
- The technology developed, which utilises high accuracy accelerometers and gyroscopes, also makes it possible to measure in magnetic ore.
- The accuracy of the measuring technology is as good or better than that of existing manual systems on the market.
- Available for 70 mm holes and upwards.
- The system has been developed in an intensive, seven year R & D program, in cooperation with universities, research institutes and companies that are expert s in the sector. It has been successfully tested with Finnish customers for more than a year in various conditions and with different products.
Robit Korea received a special prize in the 18th small and medium sized enterprise awards of Gangwon province. The award ceremony was hosted by the province and the Gangwon Ilbo –newspaper. The judging committee included among others representatives from SME federations and the director of the provincial office. The qualifications consisted of financial status, present […]
The Federation of Finnish Enterprises has nominated Robit Rocktools Ltd as a company of the year 2014 in Finland. This national entrepreneur award has been given as an acknowledgment of successful and exemplary business on 25th of October 2014 in Tampere, Finland. Picture, from the left: Jussi Rautiainen – CEO, Harri Sjöholm – Chairman, Jyrki […]
Dear Valued Robit Customer, It’s our great pleasure to invite You to visit our booth at the massive Bauma China 2014, the International Trade Fair for Construction Machinery, Building Material Machines, Construction Vehicles and Equipment, which takes place from November 25 to 28, 2014 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC) in Shanghai. The […]
Dear Valued Robit Customer, It’s our great pleasure to invite You to visit our booth at the massive CONEX KOREA 2014 exhibition 24-27 September 2014 Kintex Convention Center, Seoul, South Korea. You will find us at the booth D601. We proudly present something that can be described as longer and better, but fill in our […]
Robit® massive 1220 mm DTH Steel Fist System was seen in Borr och Spräng 2014 exhibition in Sweden Robit® Steel Fist product family is designed for specific piling operations, sizes from 273 mm now up to 1220 mm. It’s the new economic way for traditional piling work, but also capable for installing water-proof Pipe-Pile-Walls. No […]
Dear Valued Robit Customer, It’s our great pleasure to invite You to visit our booth at the massive CONEXPO-CON/AGG exhibition 4-8 March 2014 Las Vegas Convention Center, Nevada, USA. CONEXPO-CON/AGG will represent an immense unveiling of all the newest equipment, technology and product breakthrough in construction. From earthshaking big iron to groundbreaking innovations, it’s all […]
Season’s Greetings – Joulutervehdys – God Helg – Froche Feiertage – Meilleurs Voeux – Muchas Felicidades – С Рождеством и Новым Годом With The festive season fast approaching, the management and staff at Robit Finland would like to take this opportunity to thank you for ongoing support in 2013 and look forward working together in 2014. […]
Dear Valued Robit Customer, On behalf of Robit Rocktools Ltd, it is our great pleasure to invite You to visit us at the 30th Convención Internacional de Mineria 2013 Fair held in the Fair Hall of the Mundo Imperial, Acapulco, Mexico between October 16th-19th. You will find us on stand # 642. Robit Rocktools Ltd’s […]
Dear Valued Robit Customer, On behalf of Robit Rocktools, it is my great pleasure to invite You to visit our booth at the Europe’s leading trade fair for Mining Technology, EuroMining 2013 exhibition in Tampere, Finland on 11-12 September. You will find us at the booth A 102. The international EuroMining trade fair brings, for […]